Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just a quick thanks!

Hi Y'all!
Thanks to all of my friends and family that supported me in the Little Rock Walk to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Little Rock raised enough money ($28,000.00) to start a chapter of the AFSP in the state to help fund research and support for people struggling with depression and other mental health problems. I think this is a pretty big feat for only 500 people raising money the first year. YEE HAW ARKANSAS!
I attached a picture of me in my Out of the Darkness shirt so there is proof the money went to the walk and not to buy a new keyboard to practice my Roberta Flack songs. Also, my mom was here this weekend and she went on a really tough, long hike in the craggy terrain of Petit Jean mountain with me and my hound dog Alfie. Alfie was born near this mountain and I wanted him to remember his roots so he got to sniffing early and his nose never left the ground. I'm very proud of my mama and how healthy she is now. Congratulations to Rosemary for hiking her second trail ever! (she is from the Bronx after all) Kick ass!




my momma in da grotto


reflections



Just finished and still peppy!











nite nite after the long hike

No comments: